One of the Longest Running Criminal Defense Law Firms in Los Angeles
The Hedding Law Firm has been involved with criminal defense for many years and is a well respected staple of the Los Angeles criminal defense community.
I add content to this website all the time so prospective clients can get a feel for what my law firm is all about and hopefully you can be educated on how the system works from someone who has made a life's work out of helping people who find themselves in the criminal justice system.
Once graduating law school in the early 1990's I made a vow that I would become the best criminal defense attorney I could become.
I have tried over 200 jury trials and handled every criminal case you can think of when it comes to criminal defense. I have traveled all over the United States defending clients for federal crimes and am very well known in the Los Angeles area.
I am a former J.N.E. Commissioner (involved with investigating attorneys who want to be appointed as judges by the Governor), I worked early in my career for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office in East L.A. and I also worked for a Superior Court Judge in Burbank as his right hand man.
This experience has given me a well rounded prospective on the criminal justice system and is part of my goal of mastering criminal defense. I have lectured at colleges and wrote a book called The Art of the Perfect Defense, in an effort to try and make criminal defense in Los Angeles more understandable and not this scary thing that people do not even know how to begin to deal with.
One thing that I pride myself in is being honest and straight forward with all prospective and current clients. I do not believe in trying to scare people.
I will give you the genuine truth and expect the same from you. I will fight for you with all my heart and skill and do everything to get you the result that you expect and deserve!
Once you meet with me you will not need to look any further when it comes to defending your rights, reputation and freedom!
“AV” Rated By Martindale-Hubbell – highest possible rating in for both legal ability and ethical standards
At Hedding Law Firm, our criminal lawyers have been successfully defending criminal defense cases in Los Angeles for many years. We understand the local criminal justice system.
Our credentials in the area of criminal defense are among the top attorneys in Los Angeles. I encourage you to call now and set up a free face to face consultation and we can discuss the merits of your case and I can inform you what happens in a criminal case like yours in Los Angeles County.
I have fought thousands of cases in the Los Angeles Courtrooms for my criminal defense clients. I can help you take back your life and begin the process of making your criminal defense case a memory of the past! We speak Spanish.
Call now for a free case evaluation – (213) 542-0979.
Being convicted of a criminal offense can drastically affect your future. We are a team of excellent Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers, dedicated to providing outstanding legal representation to members of the community.
Together, we have over 50 years of combined leadership and experience in defending clients' rights in the state of California. All our lawyers are board certified and well-educated with current law.
The Hedding Law Firm is a member of “The Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers” and is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available (“A” meaning the highest legal ability and “V” meaning the highest ethical standards.)This honorable rating has only been given to 5% of all attorneys throughout the United States of America.
Knowledgeable Southern California Criminal Defense Lawyers
We offer aggressive legal representation to those in need of a strong defense attorney. It is always our goal to provide our clients with optimal case results.
We are extremely compassionate about defending the rights of our clients and will look to challenge all charges against you.
At the Hedding Law Firm, we believe that you are innocent until proven guilty and that you deserve to have the best criminal defense lawyer on your side.
We have represented thousands of criminal defense cases in our legal careers throughout the Los Angeles Criminal Court System and the surrounding areas. We serve all cities in Los Angeles County, including Encino, Hollywood, Burbank, Glendale, Lancaster, Long Beach, Malibu, Norwalk, San Fernando, Pasadena, Pomona, Santa Monica, Studio City, Van Nuys, West Hollywood, and more,
We have a vast understanding of how the legal system works and are very familiar with their options in order to help secure a victory for your case. Contact our California criminal defense attorneys to review your case.
The Hedding Law Firm provides excellent criminal defense representation for all complex criminal matters including the following:
- DUI Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Crimes
- Three Strike Crimes
- Bench Warrants
- White Collar Crimes
- Hit and Run
- Obstruction Of Justice
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Federal Crimes
- Probation Violation
- Assault and Battery
What is a Consultation Meant for?
One big thing that comes up is that I think people get confused about the purpose of a consultation regarding potentially hiring a criminal defense attorney. They, of course, see that it's free. So, some people try to use a consultant to solve their problems.
They're not looking to hire a criminal defense attorney; they want to talk to one to see if they can figure out that their case is not a good one against them and solve their problem over the phone.
There are better uses for a free consultation. The purpose of the free consultation is to talk to an attorney, get an idea of what you're facing and know whether or not that's the attorney you want to hire.
So, it would be best if you weren't talking to attorneys over the phone about criminal cases unless you're thinking about hiring them because what's likely to happen is that someone might give you advice without having all of the facts and details. So now you're working with bad advice, and you might do something that causes you to end up in a worse position.
An attorney should only tell you how to handle the case once they have all the facts. First, they need to talk to you about it. Second, they need to look at all of the evidence in the case. Third, they need to speak to the prosecutor about the issue. Finally, they may even need to investigate the matter before adequately advising you.
So, I don't get involved in consultations where I can tell the person is just trying to solve their matter over the phone when I don't have all the details. It doesn't make sense.
I don't want to give somebody advice when I have half-baked information. Usually, the information I'm getting is the skin that a particular person who doesn't want to get in trouble is telling me. They tend to leave things out or downplay essential things necessary to decide whether or not the case makes sense to fight.
Whether or not it makes sense to negotiate the case and whether or not it looks like the prosecutors will file it. I'm always hired, prefiling in criminal cases before the case is filed. I will help the person make the right moves, do any necessary investigation, and talk to the police about the case.
If there's a prosecutor on the case, I can talk to the prosecutor to try to get a leg up on your criminal case and handle it the right way.
So, if you're looking to hire a criminal defense attorney and want the best, you've come to the right place. I'll have you come into my office. We'll sit down and go over everything, and then if you feel comfortable with me and what I have to say, you can retain me, and then we can start putting the pieces together in your particular situation to end up with the best possible result.
The Best Priced Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
When you're searching for a criminal defense attorney because you're charged with a crime, and you're facing custody time, a criminal record, and a host of other issues, you want to choose somebody that you can afford but, at the same time, is a good attorney.
Finding the best-priced criminal defense attorney for you is a step-by-step process. First, you want to find somebody that you feel comfortable with. Then, what I have you do after speaking with my office manager when you call in, you'll get an appointment with me if you have a viable criminal case and you need help with it, and we can sit down and talk about some of the experience I have related to your type of case.
We want to look at the charge, and we also want to look at the jurisdiction where your case is because that will dictate who the prosecutor is going to be and who the judge is going to be.
The first thing about price is you'll want to get an attorney who has experience. So you don't want somebody who will charge you a cheap fee without expertise.
You might as well go with the public defender if you're going to do that. You want an attorney who has the experience and has been doing it for a long time and, like I said, understands the jurisdiction where your case is pending. In other words, they are local to the court where your case is pending. So, I have you come in. We sit down and go over everything.
A lot of times when you call in, we don't have a problem talking about what the price is going to be once you give us some of the details about your case, what type of case it is, which courthouse it is going to be in, what type of criminal record you have, what kind of a background you have. So we can get a feel for what type of time commitment it will be to defend you in your criminal case and give you an idea of what we charge for that particular case.
That way, you can assess, sometimes even before coming in, whether or not it is something you can afford.
The bottom line is when it comes to the best-priced criminal defense attorney, you've got to look at somebody suitable for you and your circumstances, but you also have to balance getting someone with the experience and skill set you need to get a successful result.
So, if you need someone reasonably priced and with much experience, you've come to the right place. My suggestion is that you pick up the phone. Make the call. Ask for a meeting with Ron Hedding, and we can talk about everything. Hedding Law Firm, a Los Angeles criminal defense and DUI law firm, offers an annual $2,500 scholarship for students who are attending or planning to attend college or graduate school.
Criminal Courts We Serve
- Alhambra Courthouse - 150 West Commonwealth Alhambra, CA 91801
- Bellflower Courthouse - 10025 East Flower Street, Bellflower, CA 90706
- Burbank Courthouse - 300 East Olive Burbank, CA 91502
- Central Arraignment Courthouse - 429 Bauchet St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Compton Courthouse - 200 West Compton Blvd. Compton, CA 90220
- Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center- 210 West Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Downey Courthouse - 7500 East Imperial Highway, Downey, CA 90242
- East Los Angeles Courthouse - 4848 E. Civic Center Way, Los Angeles, CA 90022
- El Monte Courthouse - 11234 East Valley Blvd. El Monte, CA 91731
- Glendale Courthouse - 600 East Broadway, Glendale, CA 91206
- LAX Airport Courthouse - 11701 S. La Cienega Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse - 275 Magnolia Long Beach, CA 90802
- Inglewood Courthouse - One Regent Street, Inglewood, CA 90301
- Metropolitan Courthouse - 1945 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Michael Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse - 42011 4th Street West, Lancaster, CA 93534
- Norwalk Courthouse - 12720 Norwalk Blvd. Norwalk, CA 90650
- Pasadena Courthouse - 300 East Walnut St. Pasadena, CA 91101
- Pomona Courthouse South - 400 Civic Center Plaza Pomona, CA 91766
- San Fernando Courthouse - 900 Third Street San Fernando, CA 91340
- San Luis Obispo Superior Court - 1050 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408
- Santa Barbara Superior Court - 118 E. Figueroa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Santa Clarita Courthouse - 23747 West Valencia Blvd. Santa Clarita, CA 91355
- Torrance Courthouse - 825 Maple Ave. Torrance, CA 90503
- Van Nuys Courthouse - 14400 Erwin Street Mall Van Nuys, CA 91401
- West Covina Courthouse - 1427 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, CA 91790
- Whittier Courthouse - 7339 South Painter Ave. Whittier, CA 90602
Orange County, CA
- Central Justice Center - 700 Civic Center Drive West, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Community Court - 909 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Harbor Justice Center - 4601 Jamboree Road, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- North Justice Center - 1275 North Berkeley Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Superior Court Service Center - 27573 Puerta Real, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- West Justice Center - 8141 13th Street Westminster, CA 92683
- Riverside Hall of Justice - 4100 Main Street, Riverside, CA. 92501
- Banning Justice Center - 311 E. Ramsey Street, Banning, CA. 92220
- Blythe Courthouse - 265 N. Broadway, Blythe, CA. 92225
- Larson Justice Center - 46-200 Oasis Street, Indio, CA. 92201
- Southwest Justice Center - 30755-D Auld Road, Murrieta, CA. 92563
San Bernardino County
- Joshua Tree District - 6527 White Feather Road, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
- Rancho Cucamonga District - 8303 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- San Bernardino Justice Center - 247 West Third Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415
- Victorville District - 14455 Civic Drive, Victorville, CA 92392
- Ventura Hall of Justice - 800 South Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA 93009
- Ventura East County Courthouse - 3855-F Alamo Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063
- Ventura Juvenile Court - 4353 E. Vineyard Ave., Oxnard, CA 93036
Areas We Serve
At the Hedding Law Firm, our criminal defense attorneys represent clients on state and federal crimes in all of Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, Riverside County, Santa Barbara County, San Bernardino County, and San Fernando Valley courthouses.