Los Angeles Sex Crime Attorney
Of all of the crimes prosecuted in Los Angeles, I have noticed over the past 25 years that sex crimes take priority over other crimes and are treated very seriously by both prosecutors and judges. Therefore one of the biggest primary concerns you should have is finding an attorney that is local to the court that your case is pending.
The lawyer you choose must have dealt with the prosecutors and judge in the courtroom you will be in and had success. It is crucial that your attorney has traveled the road you are about to embark upon and will do so in a manner that they will be able to do everything possible to achieve the best possible result for you…because there is a lot at stake!
The prosecutors and judges will be looking at punishing you with jail / prison, and placement of the California sex offender registry for the rest of your life and putting restrictions on you that will impact your future career and relationships.
Finding an attorney that can counter some of their arguments for harsh consequences is essential if you want to have any chance at avoiding some or all of the above. These type of cases are prosecuted by special prosecutors that work for the District Attorney’s Sex Crime Unit. They are given specific marching orders on how they are to deal with sex crimes.
If your attorney does not know what these policies are and how they apply to your case, then you have no chance of being represented in an effective manner. In defending my clients over the years I have met with all of the head sex crime prosecutors in Los Angeles and know what there mentality is and what will move them to be fair. This knowledge is key to being able to counter a harsh political climate and get the results my client’s deserve!. This has also helped me achieve the name I have today.
Key Considerations If You Have A Sex Crime Case
Sex crime cases in Los Angeles are an area of law that very few criminal defense lawyer can effectively defend. There is so much political pressure on prosecutors and such a stigma associated with sex crime cases, that many sex crime attorneys run into barriers when they attempt to defend their clients.
I have seen lawyers run into different kinds of obstacles and barriers during their practice. Over my many years of practice I have successfully defended numerous clients charged with very serious sex crime cases.
I believe that I am a respected advocate for my clients and one of the few attorneys that can actually make a difference for my clients charged with a sex crime. Where many of the attorneys advertising on the web fall short is in two crucial areas:
1) They do not know the political landscape of the 40 + Courthouses in Los Angeles County…and therefore do not know what to do or who to talk to in effectively representing their clients;
2) Many of the lawyers advertising on the web have never tried a serious case (let alone a sex crime case in Los Angeles County) and could not properly defend their clients in a jury trial if their life depended on it! In looking through the attorneys on the first page of many of the major search engines, it is unbelievable to me how many of them don’t try cases and don’t even go to court.
This is why you should not randomly select from the different attorneys you talk to. If you need help, call me and I will sit down with you and educated you on what needs to be done to be successful in your particular case.
Hedding Law Firm
Being accused of or investigated for any type of sex crime can be devastating. Is your case a misdemeanor or felony? Many people often find themselves wrongly accused and do not know where to turn in order to protect their reputation and their future.
At the Hedding law firm, our sex crime lawyers provide exceptional legal advice and representation to individuals facing a sex crimes charge in California. We are board certified defense attorneys and can aggressively defend your rights in both state and federal court.
Our lawyers have been practicing for many years and have received favorable results for so many clients. We thoroughly understand the serious nature of a sex crime charge and the severe penalties it may carry and have only your best interests in mind.
- What Is Actually Considered A Sex Crime In California?
- Are Most Sex Crimes In Los Angeles Bondable Offenses?
- Can Other Charges Be Substituted To Avoid California Sex Offender Registration?
- How Are Sex Crimes Determined To Be Either Misdemeanors Or Felonies In California?
- When Is It Feasible To Take A California Sex Crime Case To Trial?
- What Mistakes Should Someone Avoid In A California Sex Crime Case?
- Steps To Take To Protect Yourself If Arrested For A Sex Crime In California
- Are Sex Crimes Involving Drugs And Alcohol Handled Differently?
- Is It Possible To Get Off The California Sex Offender Registry?
- What Are Some Legal Defenses To Statutory Rape In Los Angeles?
- DNA Testing In Criminal Cases In California
- Indecent Exposure Criminal Cases in California
- Defending A Sex Crime In California
- Spousal Rape Charges In California
- Internet Sex Crimes in California
- DNA Evidence in Sex Crime Cases
- Rape Charges When Both Parties are Intoxicated
- Illegally Videotaping Someone For Sexual Purposes
- What Is The Effect Of GHB Drug On Sex Crime Victims?
- Romeo Pimp Charges In Los Angeles
- Child Molestation Punishments In California
- Difference Between Rape and Consent in California
In the state of California, if you are convicted of a sex crime, you will have to register as a sex offender in the national and state sex offender registry for life. In most cases you will also be facing a minimum of up to 1 year in county jail, to life in a state prison, along with very heavy fines.
You will also receive community service, probation and a mark on your criminal record for life. In addition, if children are involved you can expect to face the maximum penalties possible unless you have a professional lawyer by your side. As experienced attorneys, we understand all the different aspects that come up in sex crime cases.
The following are examples of sex crimes:
- 290 Registration
- Statutory Rape
- Child Molestation
- Chat Rooms
- Child Pornography Videos
- Child Pornography
- Child Prostitution
- Indecent Exposure in a Vehicle
- Lewd Acts With a Minor
- Lewd Conduct
- Failure to Register
- Human/Child Trafficking
- Massage Parlor Arrests
- Sex with a minor
- Federal Sex Crimes
- Internet Pornography
- Production of Child Pornography
- Sale of Child Pornography
Sexual Offenses Lawyer in Southern California
At our law firm, we represent all types of complex sex crime cases. We understand that being accused of committing a sex crime is an extremely serious legal issue and that your case will need the care and attention of a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer.
Our Los Angeles sex crime attorneys will properly defend your rights and your freedom. It is our goal to provide you with the best defense possible for your sex crimes case. Call our office at (213) 374-3952 for a free case evaluation.
Call For A Free Strategy Session