Assault With a Deadly Weapon Lawyer in LA
LA Assault With Deadly Weapon Attorney
California Penal Code Section 240 defines “simple assault” as an unlawful attempt to commit violence on another person. Penal Code Section 245(a)(1) defines assault with a deadly weapon, commonly referred to as AWD or aggravated assault, as committing an assault with a deadly weapon likely to cause great bodily injury. Only an experienced Assault with a Deadly Weapon Attorney in Los Angeles CA knows how to defend such a charge.
AWD is a wobbler offense, meaning that depending on the circumstances, the offense may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. This decision is based on the type of weapon/instrument used; whether the person assaulted sustained an injury; and the status of the victim. As to these factors taken into consideration, a conviction for AWD may result in anywhere from 24 to 144 months in prison. Make sure you get help from an Assault with a Deadly Weapon Attorney in North Hollywood CA if you are facing these charges. The Assault with a Deadly Weapon Attorney in Beverly Hills CA at our office can be reached at (213) 374-3952.
- Shooting A Weapon On A Highway – Penal Code §374c
- Shooting At An Unoccupied Vehicle Or Building – Penal Code §247B
- Throwing Acid Or Inflammable Substance With Intent To Disfigure Or Burn Flammable Substance – Penal Code Section 244
- How Are Gun Issues Impacting Prosecutors And Judges In Los Angeles County?
- Possession Of Or Bringing A Weapon Into Court – Penal Code Section 171
- SAPS And Similar Weapons – Penal Code Section 22210 In Los Angeles
- Possession Of A Dirk Or Dagger – Penal Code Section 21310
- Possession Of Brass Knuckles In Los Angeles – Penal Code Section 21810
- Possession Of Nunchucks In Los Angeles – Penal Code Section 22010
- Shooting At An Inhabited Dwelling, Building Or Occupied Motor Vehicle
- Possession Of A Firearm Within 1000 Feet From School Grounds
- Possession Of A Sword Cane In Los Angeles County
- Possession Of A Switchblade Knife
- Possession of an Assault Rifle – Penal Code Section 30600 in Los Angeles
Our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys are well seasoned and well experienced in the area of criminal defense. We have dealt with thousands of assault and assault with a deadly weapon cases and have seen great results. We are knowledgeable on all laws and courtroom procedures involving assault with a deadly weapon. Call us today to speak with our Los Angeles Assault With a Deadly Weapon Lawyers.
We guarantee our dedication and persistence in doing everything we can to get you the best possible results. We will carefully analyze the charges and assert any and all defense applicable to the charge. Common defenses to AWD are self defense, defense of others, consent, lack of intent, insufficient evidence, constitutional violations by police officers, and inability to carry out the assault such as threatening to shoot with an unloaded gun. Our North Hollywood Assault With a Deadly Weapon Lawyers know how to defend each of these charges.
If you are facing AWD charge, our goal is to keep you out of prison and to protect your legal rights. Contact a Los Angeles assault with a deadly weapon lawyer at our law firm and we will sit down with you and discuss your charges and lay out all your available options. Our Beverly Hills Assault With a Deadly Weapon Lawyers will be happy to assist you. You can contact our Los Angeles County Assault with a Deadly Weapon Lawyers by calling (213) 374-3952.
Call For A Free Strategy Session