Welcome to this Los Angeles criminal defense practice pointers section. Really what this is meant to do is answer specific questions that you might have in criminal defense. In other words, a lot of us will have cases where we need help but we come upon an issue that we can’t figure out. We either have an attorney already or you’re thinking about hiring an attorney or you just need to know the answer to these questions.
Basically, I’ve been queried with these questions and I try to answer them the best that I can. Obviously, if you want to get more details related to these questions, you’re going to need to have a face-to-face consultation with me. I feel confident I can answer any question you might have related to Los Angeles criminal defense and give you a thorough, detailed answer.
Experience in the Los Angeles Criminal Defense Field
Whatever I don’t know from my twenty-five years of experience — having handled thousands of cases, done 250 jury trials — I think I can probably figure out by way of doing some investigation and research — I have a whole team of attorneys that I deal with. I know pretty much all of the attorneys in Los Angeles county that do criminal defense.
I’m very familiar with the judges. In fact, a lot of the judges that I deal with every day used to be attorneys. Most of them were prosecutors. I’d say in Los Angeles county, probably 90% of the judges are former prosecutors. So, I’ve seen them out there. I’ve dealt with them. I’ve negotiated cases with them and I have a good solid understanding of who they are, what their tendencies and what it’s going to take to get the best possible resolution in your particular matter.
With these practice pointers, I’m really just trying to give you a foundation for dealing with whatever issue is presented in the practice pointer. In other words, I’m trying to give you a feel for it. Sometimes it answers your question; sometimes it doesn’t completely answer your question. Sometimes it causes more questions to be generated.
That’s why it’s really important, whenever you’ve got an issue in criminal defense, sit down with your attorney or sit down with an attorney like me who you’re thinking about hiring, and really hit them with some good pointed questions and obviously, I’m going to answer the questions.
We might not have all of the answer right now when it comes to these practice pointers, because sometimes we need more information. I have to see the prosecutor’s case. I have to see what the police have done to investigate it.
Forming a Defense Plan for Your Los Angeles Criminal Case
I need to do our own investigation sometimes, and obviously, I need to talk to you. Once all of these ingredients come together, then we can really start to think about and formulate a plan that makes sense for you, your life, your career, your family and your case.
Then we can start talking about whether we need to fight this case all the way to a jury trial or is this a type of criminal case that needs to be negotiated. Believe it or not, probably 90% to 95% of criminal cases in Los Angeles that are filed are negotiated by way of a plea bargain.
So, if you know that number already, then you have a good idea that that’s definitely something you want to think about and talk to your attorney about. Of course, there are those 5% to 10% of cases that are not going to be negotiated and they are going to be tried.
So, you want to make sure you have an attorney that can both negotiate cases in criminal defense and that can try a case under the right circumstances. That’s the type of attorney that I am. That’s the type of attorney that I’ve built myself to be through hard work, experience and really loving what I do when it comes to criminal defense.
So, pick up the phone, make the call. Make some of these practice pointers give you a feel for what you want, but you really need to talk to the person that wrote the practice pointer. Let’s sit down and get into the meat and bones of your case. Let’s start making some of the moves that are going to protect you, your rights, your freedom and your life.
- What Is The Effect Of GHB Drug?
- What Are Reasons California Will Suspend Or Revoke A Driver’s License?
- Do You Handle Felony Level Traffic Offenses, Like Those Involving Accidents Etc.?
- Can Police Brutality Cause My Criminal Case To Get Dismissed In Los Angeles?
- How Long Does It Take The Police To Investigate A Criminal Case In Los Angeles?
- Common Types Of Police Encounters In Los Angeles
- What To Do If Asked To Come To Police Station In Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Law Enforcement Officer Training Regarding Questioning
- Your Legal Rights In A Los Angeles Criminal Case
- What Happens To Bail If Released Without Being Charged In Los Angeles?
- Informants In Criminal Defense In Los Angeles
- Crimes Involving Inmates Who Come Into Los Angeles County Courts
- Guns In Criminal Defense
- How Long Do Investigations Take Involving Crimes Related To The Government?
- How Do I Get Rid Of A Warrant Without Going To Jail In Los Angeles?
- Do The Police Have To Tell Me Why They Arrested Me In Los Angeles?
- Difference Between An Indeterminate Sentence And A Determinate Sentence In Los Angeles County
- Difficulty In Defending Cases Involving Criminal Activity Against Police Officers In Los Angeles
- How Does The Main Downtown Los Angeles Court (210 West Temple) Handle Murder Cases?
- Difference Between Murder Charges And Other Criminally-Related Offenses
- Can A Domestic Violence Case Be Prosecuted If The Alleged Victim Does Not Testify?
- Difference Between A Felony Hit & Run and A Misdemeanor Hit & Run Case
- If I Am Guilty Of A Crime In Los Angeles, Should I Just Use The Public Defender?
- Types Of Available Pleas In Los Angeles Criminal Cases
- Best Approach If Los Angeles Prosecutor Won’t Change Their Offer To Settle A Case
- Negotiating With Prosecutor In A Los Angeles Criminal Case
- Proving A Case Beyond Reasonable Doubt In Los Angeles Criminal Cases
- Under What Circumstances Can A Judge Dismiss A Criminal Case In Los Angeles?
- How Can A Criminal Defense Attorney Discredit A Witness’ Testimony Who Is Clearly Lying?
- How Do You Decide What The Best Resolution Is For A Criminal Case?
- Kick-Backs In Federal Cases In Los Angeles
- How Much Does A Criminal Defense Attorney In Los Angeles Cost?
- FBI Raids In Criminal Defense
- What To Give To The Prosecutor In A Criminal Case In Los Angeles During Negotiations?
- How Are Jury Instructions Selected In Los Angeles Criminal Cases?
- Can Bail Be Changed In A Los Angeles Criminal Cases After A Preliminary Hearing?
- Does The Temperament Of A Judge In A Criminal Case In Los Angeles Make A Difference?
- Does a Prosecutor’s Attitude and Temperament Affect What a Criminal Defendant Gets in Los Angeles?
- How Do You Prove An Attempted Crime In Los Angeles?
- What is Voir Dire in a Los Angeles Criminal Case?
- What Is A Hung Jury In a Los Angeles Criminal Trial?
- Juror’s Role in a Los Angeles Criminal Case
- Judge’s Role In A Los Angeles Criminal Case
- Law Enforcement Role in Prosecution of Los Angeles Criminal Cases
- What Is A Pitchess Motion As It Relates to Los Angeles Criminal Defense?
- What Happens If Prosecutors Reject A Criminal Filing in Los Angeles
- Characteristics of a Great California Criminal Defense Attorney
- Can The Police Lie To You During An Interrogation Regarding A Los Angeles Crime?
- Can One Defendant’s Statement Be Used Against Another Defendant In The Same Case?
- When Does A Los Angeles Criminal Judge Have To Recuse Himself From A Case?
- Assessment Of Client Competence In Los Angeles Criminal Cases
- Under What Circumstances Will A Body Attachment Be Issued for A Witness In A Criminal Case?
- What if Prosecution’s Witnesses Don’t Show Up In A Los Angeles Criminal Case?
- Difference Between The District Attorney’s Office And The City Attorney’s Office In Criminal Cases
- How Does The Structure Of The District Attorney’s Office In LA County Impact A Criminal Case?
- Is There Any Way To Change The Venue Of Location Of Your Criminal Case?
- Gunshot Residue Testing In A Los Angeles Criminal Case
- Use of Handwriting Experts In Criminal Cases
- Subpoenaing Witnesses In Criminal Cases In Los Angeles
- Keeping Emotions Out of Solving Criminal Defense Problems
- What Percentage of Jail Time Will I Serve in Los Angles Criminal Case?
Call For A Free Strategy Session