Contact Us for a Free Consultation (213) 542-0979

Why are Some People Held at the Los Angeles Lynwood Jail?

Why are Some Defendant's Held at Lynwood Jail While they Have a Criminal Case Pending in Los Angeles?

If you know someone who is being detained at the Lynwood Jail, they are probably there because they have been arrested and being charged with a crime in Los Angeles County, which only houses female inmates.

They used to also be housed at Twin Towers in downtown Los Angeles, but now if you're arrested, you're female, you're going to be held at the Lynwood jail.

The Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF) is a Women's Jail that is located in Lynwood, California.

This facility can hold over 2,000 inmates and is one of seven correctional facilities that is operated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

In 2006, the Lynwood Jail was turned into a female-only facility and currently is the Los Angeles County detention center for all women who were arrested and detained for allegedly committing a California misdemeanor or felony crime.

This women's jail facility is located less than 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles:

Century Regional Detention Facility (Lynwood Jail)
11705 South Alameda Street
Lynwood, CA 90262
(323) 357-5100

To give readers a better understating about this jail facility, our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers are providing an overview below.

Searching for an Inmate and Posting Bail

Why are Some People Held at the Los Angeles Lynwood Jail?
Lynwood Jail – 11705 South Alameda Street Lynwood, CA 90262 Phone: (323) 357-5100

Lynwood Jail – 11705 South Alameda Street Lynwood, CA 90262 Phone: (323) 357-5100

If you have reason to believe someone you know might be in custody in Los Angeles County, you can use the inmate search page provided by the LA County Sheriff's Department.

You could also call (213) 473-6100 to get LA County inmate information. Most people in the Lynwood Jail will have the chance to post bail for release from custody. You can contact the jail to determine if bail was granted and to obtain specific information.

After an inmate has been assigned a housing facility, they are allowed to make outgoing phone calls, but will have to pay for them with a pre-paid call account.

You can send an inmate postal mail, but there is a lengthy list of items that are considered contraband. An inmate can also send out mail, but they will have to purchase stamps through the commissary.

You can put money on an inmate's account so they can make purchases from the jail commissary. If you have questions about making an inmate deposit, you can call the jail at (323) 568-4535.

Visiting Hours and Policies

The Century Regional Detention Facility public visiting hours are on Saturdays and Sundays between 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

You are required to pre-register through the Sheriff's Department online system, or you can register in person at the jail. You must make an appointment online or you can call jail visitation at (323) 568-4520.

Policies include only two people per visit and you are not allowed to carry any type of items or bags into the jail. Minors will need to have some type of identification, such as a school ID card.

If you are a convicted felon, then you will have to first obtain advanced permission from jail authorities, which can take up to two weeks.

There is also a dress code that prohibits revealing clothes, tank tops, and clothes that have graphics of nudity, gang signs, or obscenity.

Attorney Visitation for Inmate Clients

What we do a lot of times is I will go and visit the client at the Lynwood jail.  Attorneys can get in there fairly easy.

I noticed it is a little more difficult for the general public to visit their loved ones in Lynwood jail, so you definitely want to make sure that they're talked to and they know that you've hired an attorney for them.

Obviously, what I like to try to do is to get the paperwork related to the case, anything related to their arrest report, so I can sit down and talk with them.

In this manner, I can let them know exactly what the charges are against them and what we're going to do moving forward in relation to possibly getting them out on bail. Then, finally:

  • we'll talk about the case;
  • what their involvement is, and
  • what evidence the prosecutors have.

I'm very familiar with the Lynwood jail. They used to actually have a court there, years ago.

I've been doing this over 27 years now and there were appearances made there, but I haven't made an appearance there in probably at least a decade.

Maybe they're using that facility for something else, but I don't think they're doing criminal cases there.

Getting an Inmate Released from Custody

So, if you're loved one is charged with a crime in Los Angeles County and is in the Lynwood jail, you've come to the right place.

The first thing we're going to try to do is get them out of Lynwood jail. If we can't get them out or an OR release, then we're going to try to work out some sort of a resolution if the government actually has the evidence against them.

That's one of the things we sit down and talk to you about. Once I get your loved one's permission, we're able to talk about what's going on within the Lynwood Jail.

We will also discuss how they're doing, what they're looking at in reference to the case, what evidence the prosecutors have against them, and obviously, you can certainly help in setting up a plan.

Mitigation Package

Contact the Hedding Law Firm
Contact us to review the details of your criminal case.

Contact us to review the details of your criminal case.

A lot of times I use family to set up what's called a mitigation package, where we give the prosecutors character letters and other information about the person they have in custody in Lynwood.

This is so they can consider letting them out, working out a fair resolution and a host of other things like protecting their criminal record and getting probation instead of prison.

You've come to the right place, if you've got a loved one in the Lynwood jail/Century Regional Center, right there off Alameda near Imperial.

Pick up the phone.  Make the call.  Ask for a meeting with Ron Hedding.

Hedding Law Firm in located and Los Angeles County and we offer a free case evaluation to review the details of your case and legal options.